- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken andouille sausage links, chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- 4 cups baby kale
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and sausage.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, and fennel seed.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Add the kale, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the coconut milk, red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Save leftovers in the fridge, inside of an airtight container.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||450 (190 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||43g (6g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.