Breakfasts salads are my favorite way to start the day. This breakfast is a hearty, delicious dish that starts your morning off with protein and veggies! The andouille chicken sausage gives it a little spicy flair. The runny yolk off the egg acts as a delicious dressing that finishes it off nicely. Full of protein and fiber, this breakfast will keep you full all morning long.
Whole30® Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 salad
Makes 1 serving
- ½ tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, diced (about 1 small sweet potato)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken sausage, diced (I prefer andouille)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups baby kale
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a cast iron or oven-safe skillet, add the olive oil, sweet potatoes, and spices.
- Cook on medium heat until the sweet potato starts to brown, then add the sausage and garlic.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, make a well and crack the egg in it.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, so the white of the egg sets, but the yolk is still runny.
- Serve over the kale.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||440 (190 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||35g (7g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.