Savory and spicy with just a hint of creaminess, this chicken does not disappoint.
Bring a streetside favorite to your own backyard with this easy recipe! The spices mix together to form an incredible flavor. To make it Whole30-compliant, we used Tessemae’s ranch instead of Greek yogurt. Serve it in lettuce with a little pico and tzatziki sauce, or turn it into a salad for a delicious lunch or dinner. This was one of our all-time favorites whilst living the Whole30 lifestyle!
Whole30® Grilled Chicken Shawarma
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Serving Size: 2 skewers
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup ranch (Whole30-compliant)✝
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce
- ½ cup minced cucumber
- 1 cup Whole30-compliant ranch*
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken in a quart-sized, resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
- Add ranch and all of the spices, then shake until and chicken is evenly coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine all Tzatziki Sauce ingredients in a bowl, then stir until combined.
- For best results, set aside for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 20 minutes before skewering the chicken.
- Distribute the chicken evenly amongst 8 skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook chicken for 3–5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve as a lettuce wrap with fresh pico, and tzatziki sauce, or as a salad.
*Analysis done with ¼ of marinade.
*I used Tessemae’s brand.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||380 (230 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||10g (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.