- 12 slices of bacon
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the bacon in half, widthwise.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- First weave together the bacon like the lattice of a pie into four separate squares.
- Lay 3 bacon halves side by side.
- Lift one end of the middle bacon slice, then place another slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice.
- Lay the middle slice back down.
- Lift the two side strips of bacon and place a fifth slice half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides.
- Lay the side slices back down.
- Lift the other end of the middle slice and place a sixth slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle.
- Repeat with the remaining bacon halves until you have four slices of bacon bread.
- Place the bacon on a cookie cooler rack, then place the rack on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, then blot the grease.
- Grease two small ramekins thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Pour equal amounts of the eggs into the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- To assemble sandwiches, place the bacon, then the egg on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with a slice of tomato, some spinach, then another bacon weave.
- Repeat for the second sandwich, and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||310 (190 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||3g (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.