- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound salmon (4 fillets)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 4 shallots, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
Lemon Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix together the lemon cream sauce and set aside.
- Heat the butter until golden brown.
- Add fish, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add carrots, shallots, and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan and scrape off any brown bits on the pan for added flavor.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- Stir-in couscous, add salmon to the top and remove from heat. Cover and let sit 5 minutes until couscous is cooked.
- Serve with lemon cream sauce and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||430 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||42g (7g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.