This is the perfect summer recipe for any vegan! We used chickpeas to replace the tuna, and the results are amazing! Filled with lots of protein and fiber, the chickpeas in this salad will keep you full and satisfied. I love making this recipe, because you can use it as a topping for so many different things—it never gets boring. I enjoy it as part of a sandwich, salad, or by itself!
Vegan “Tuna” Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1½ cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dill pickles, chopped
- ¼ cup vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, then stir until well combined.
- Serve on bread, lettuce leaves, crackers, wraps, or on its own!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||120 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||10g (3g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.