3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
Beet brownie batter
1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup canned, sliced beets
½ cup beet water (from the can)
1¼ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
- Grease an 8×8” pan.
- Place the Oreos in a food processor, then process until they are finely crushed.
- In a medium bowl, place the crushed Oreos and melted butter. Mix together.
- Firmly press the Oreo mixture into a pan, then place in the freezer while you make the brownie batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a food processor, place the beets, beet water, sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add the beet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, then stir until smooth.
- Top the Oreo crust with the beet brownie mixture, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the brownies are set. Remove and cool.
- These tasty brownies are actually best served chilled.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||250 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||44g (2g dietary fiber, 25g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.