You don’t need butter to make this classic dessert. These simple bars are easy to make and taste amazing! The thick chocolate topping is enhanced with a little coconut flavor from the creamer. I recommend using a high-quality, dark Belgian chocolate for the best results! I have made these many times, and the quality of chocolate really does impact the final result.
Vegan Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serving Size: 1 bar
Makes 12 servings
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup oats
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond milk
⅓ cup coconut creamer
1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then line an 8×8’’ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, add flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until well combined. Next, add coconut oil and almond milk.
- Mix until dough forms.
- Press into the lined pan, then bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- While oat mixture is cooling, make the chocolate topping.
- Warm creamer in a pan on medium-low heat until it comes to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate, and stir until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour on top of cooled oat crust, then cool completely.
- I like to put mine in the fridge and serve cold, so the chocolate is harder. Enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||160 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||15g (2g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.