During our taste testing, we were asked why we would put vegan protein powder with meat. We shocked our testers when we let them know that this “meat” ball was made with only beans and quinoa. These vegan “meat” balls are delicious with a little heat and a whole lot of flavor. With 8 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, this just took your vegan spaghetti dinner to a new level!
Vegan Nourish “Meat” balls
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 2 meatballs
Makes 10 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup vanilla Nourish plant-based protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay black beans on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes to dry them out. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add cooked beans, garlic, and shallots to the food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until mix and a dough forms. Don’t completely pureé.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Add additional olive oil to a pan and pan fry until crispy.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (35 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||16g (6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.