Beets may seem like a weird ingredient for dessert, but they don’t add beet flavor to the torte. Instead, beets add a rich depth and natural sweetness to the chocolate. Trust me when I say that if you didn’t like beets in the past, this will surely change your mind. This fudge-filled torte is honestly a chocolate lover’s dream. The best part is to see people’s faces when you tell them it contains beets. I like to refrigerate mine overnight before serving.
Vegan Chocolate Beet Torte
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serving Size: 1 slice
Makes 8 servings
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup brown sugar
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 (14.5 oz) can beets, drained
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
8 ounces chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a springform pan. I usually place parchment paper on the bottom, then spray it with cooking spray, but you can also just use cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients, then blend until smooth.
- Pour into the springform pan, then bake for 30 minutes.
- The torte will not be set. Remove from the oven, then cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge.
- Chill for at least an hour, or until it is set.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||300 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||61g (4g dietary fiber, 54g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.