1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chipotle sauce (vegan)
2 15 ounce cans of black beans
2 cups fresh, frozen or canned corn
1 cup salsa
1 pack extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (vegan)
1 tablespoon cumin
4 cups romaine lettuce
2 cups brown rice, cooked
- In a large, cast iron pan, sauté the onion and pepper in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the the chipotle sauce, black beans, corn, salsa, and tofu.
- Use your spatula to break up the tofu and stir it until heated through.
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and cumin. Stir thoroughly, so the seasoning is well mixed.
- To assemble the salad, top 1 cup of lettuce with ½ cup of brown rice and ¼ of the bean mixture.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||580 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||88g (23g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.