- 2 tablespoons Homemade Pesto
- 2 slices high-fiber, whole wheat bread
- 2 ounces sliced turkey
- 1 ounce sliced Havarti cheese
- ¾ cup arugula
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups basil, loosely packed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- First make the pesto. In a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, and salt.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while blending until everything is well incorporated and smooth. Store extra pesto in the fridge.
- On one slice of bread, spread homemade pesto.
- Top with turkey, cheese, arugula, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with the other slice of bread and place on a heated panini grill.
- Cook until cheese melts.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||490 (230 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||42g (6g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.