- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small, white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups low-sodium black beans
- 1½ cups kidney beans
- 1½ cups pinto beans
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13” pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions start to turn translucent. Add in the peppers and corn. Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes or until peppers get tender.
- Stir in lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix beans, quinoa, veggie mixture, and ½ cup of cheese.
- Pour into the prepared pan, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato and green onions. Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||470 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||70g (15g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.