Perfect for the fall season, warm up with a comforting bowl of this Thai Pumpkin Soup! It’s sweet, spicy, and seriously delicious. We made this recipe many times to get it just right, and I think we finally nailed it! If you want more of a noodle dish and less of a soup dish, simply add extra noodles. This soup creates the perfect light, ethnic meal, or even works as an appetizer!
Thai Pumpkin Soup
Recipe Type: Thai
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 3 cups water
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (2-ounce) package pad Thai brown rice noodles
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3½ teaspoons cumin
- 3½ teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add Thai red curry paste.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the pumpkin purée and 2½ cups of water. (For thinner soup, add an extra cup of water.)
- Add the mushrooms and brown sugar to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 8–10 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the pad Thai noodles according to package directions.
- Whisk the coconut milk, then add it to the soup at the 10-minute mark.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then add the noodles and the remaining spices to the pot.
- Top with peanuts, then serve.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||210 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||18g (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.