This is an easy, high-protein, vegetarian dish that’s bursting with flavor! Full of beans, corn, green chiles, and tomatoes, there’s nothing boring about this quinoa. And with 18 grams of protein, this vegetarian dish doesn’t disappoint.
Tex-Mex Quinoa Bake
5 hr 5 min
Recipe Type: Mexican
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes about 7 servings
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted, diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilis
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker.
- Stir in all ingredients (except the shredded cheese).
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, place the lid back on, and cook until the cheese melts (about 15 minutes).
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||390 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||63g (14g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.