This veggie-loaded dish makes a great dinner and leftover lunch! Roasting the cauliflower and sweet potatoes create a sweet flavor that tastes delicious with the spicy seasoning blend. This vegan dish also has a good amount of protein and fiber that’ll keep you satisfied, so try a meatless night and give this dish a try!
Baked Sweet Potato Recipe: Power Bowl
Recipe Type: Vegetarian/Vegan
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (about 1½ cups)
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato, cauliflower, and red onion with the olive oil and spices.
- Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Assemble your bowls with quinoa, black beans, and veggies. Top with avocados, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||300 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||44g (11g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.