These simple, vegetarian burritos are satisfying and easy to assemble. With sweet potatoes, black beans, and spinach, each serving is high in fiber. It’s a great way to stay satiated throughout the day. Make extra and keep ‘em in the freezer, so you can quickly heat them for a quick meal!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Makes 6 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cans low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onions
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup cheese (optional)
- Pierce sweet potatoes and microwave on high for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Peel and roughly mash the sweet potatoes. It is okay if a few chunks remain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the beans and spices. Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Spread the sweet potatoes evenly amongst the tortillas, fill with the black bean and spinach mixture and top with cheese.
- Roll up and enjoy!
*Wrap each burrito with foil and store in the freezer. Before eating, remove the foil and wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||320 (35 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||57g (14g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.