I love recipes that can be whipped up quickly and don’t require heating up the oven. This is one of my favorite summer salads! It is packed with protein and fiber and can be satisfying as a meal or makes a perfect side dish. It is full of creamy avocados, juicy tomatoes, and soft chickpeas, tossed with the perfect amount of lemon and just a hint of crushed red pepper.
Summer Chickpea Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch/dinner/side
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 6 servings
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- Mix the avocado, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions together.
- Toss the salad in the lemon juice, then sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||250 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||38g (11g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.