With flavorful steak and veggies resting atop nutty quinoa and crunchy lettuce, this meal is high in protein and fiber—perfect to refuel at the end of the day and to satiate you. There’ll be no need for an after-dinner snack after this meal!
Steak Fajita Quinoa Bowl
Recipe Type: Mexican
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- ½ cup water (if needed)
- 4 cups quinoa, cooked
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 small limes
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add steak, bell peppers, red onion, and fajita seasoning and cook for about 10 minutes or until steak is cooked to your liking and peppers are tender. (You may need to add a little water during the cooking process if steak and peppers start to stick to the pan.)
- Assemble each bowl with ½ cup quinoa, 1½ cups romaine, ¼ of the steak and peppers, 2 tablespoons cilantro, ½ avocado, 1 tomato, and 1 green onion.
- Squeeze half of a lime over the top. Enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||620 (220 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||65g (15g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.