- 16 asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-⅛ teaspoon pepper (depending on preference)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus, then cut into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the asparagus, peas, and rice.
- Add the wine, then cook until it evaporates.
- Add 2 cups broth, then cook until absorbed.
- Add the remaining broth, ½ cup at a time, then cook until absorbed.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||310 (50 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||50g (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.