The spicy, jalapeño dressing pairs so well with the mango, pineapple, and peanuts in this flavorful salad. You’ll enjoy this vinaigrette—it’s full of fresh flavor with a little kick. To avoid the high amounts of sodium and saturated fats typically found in store-bought dressings, I made my own spicy dressing to top this sweet salad.
Spicy Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
Recipe Type: Mexican
Serving Size: 1 salad
Makes 1 serving
- 4 ounces grilled chicken, cut into strips
- 4 cups leafy greens
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- First make the vinaigrette.
- Remove the top and seeds from the jalapeño.
- Chop the jalapeño coarsely and add to a small bowl or cup.
- Add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and blend with the chop attachment on an immersion
- blender until smooth.
- Slice grilled chicken into thin strips.
- Chop veggies and heat up beans and corn if desired.
- Toss with dressing and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||520 (140 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||53g (14g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.