- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta (penne for picture)
- 8 ounces kielbasa, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- Place pasta, kielbasa, veggies, spices and chicken broth in a large pot.
- Pour oil on top to avoid bubbling over.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, then cook for 10 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Stir then serve, topped with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||210 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||24g (5g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.