This savory, delicious, one-pot meal can beat any Italian takeout! If you’re in a hurry or just really hungry and want something hot and delicious on your table double-quick, this really is the perfect, weeknight meal. It doesn’t require a lot of prep work, and it only takes 20 minutes to cook. The best part is—it only takes 1 dish to cook and serve it in! With only 210 calories per serving and loaded with veggies, it’s definitely a meal you can feel good about that’ll fill you up. So have an Italian night in and try this yummy dish!
Spicy Kielbasa Pasta
Recipe Type: Italian
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 12 servings
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta (penne for picture)
- 8 ounces kielbasa, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- Place pasta, kielbasa, veggies, spices and chicken broth in a large pot.
- Pour oil on top to avoid bubbling over.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, then cook for 10 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Stir then serve, topped with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||210 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||24g (5g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.