- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning (gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cups black beans
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes on low. Add fajita seasoning and chili powder and continue to cook on low until veggies are tender.
- Mix in beans, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice to veggies and continue to cook until beans are warm.
- Mix in brown rice. Once hot, turn off heat.
- Top each dish with 2 tablespoons of avocado and fresh salsa.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||300 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||51g (13g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.