This easy bean salad is simple to throw together for lunch or a delicious side. Beans are rich in fiber and antioxidants and create a filling meal. Light, colorful, and flavorful, this salad makes a great addition to any table!
Southwest Bean Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch/Side dish
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Best when served chilled.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||260 (90 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||37g (8g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.