As a busy mom, I love true one-pot meals—the kind contain protein, veggies, and starch, and really don’t require anything on the side except maybe a glass of milk. That’s why you’re gonna love this dish. Not only is it easy, it’s also healthy, making it a great choice for a busy weeknight.
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Veggies
6 hr 5 min
Recipe Type: Slow cooker
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- ½ pound red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ pound carrots
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a large slow cooker (at least 6 quarts), combine the chicken, potatoes, green beans, and carrots.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, water, broth, lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, oil, and salt.
- Pour over the chicken mixture. Top with sprigs of rosemary. Cook for 4 hours on high or for 6 hours on low.
- Prior to serving, shred the chicken and mix in with the vegetables. Enjoy warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||320 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||27g (4g dietary fiber, 14g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.