A mild vegan curry that the whole family will love!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 hours
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and onion.
- Remove from pan. Place the sauteed onions and garlic in a blender. Add ginger, coconut milk, spices, salt, and blend until smooth. Pour into the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Stir and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Per serving: 170 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates (6g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 6g protein.
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.