You won’t miss the meat in this dump-and-go, vegan curry dish! This meal is quite mild—even for a curry novice. It's toned down with sweet potatoes and carrots that add sweetness and a delectable texture, especially with the chickpeas. Try it tonight!
Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry
6 hr 15 min
Recipe Type: Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and onion.
- Remove from pan. Place the sautéed onions and garlic in a blender. Add ginger, coconut milk, spices, salt, and blend until smooth. Pour into the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Stir and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||170 (50 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||25g (6g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.