- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard (gluten free if needed)
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts.
- Using a sharp knife or a mandolin with a hand guard, thinly slice the sprouts, removing the cores.
- Place the slices in a large bowl.
- Add the cranberries and pecans.
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil.
- Add the shallots, then cook until light golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Add the shallots and goat cheese to the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette.
- Toss until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||200 (120 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||16g (3g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.