I love salads, but sometimes, in the winter, it’s hard to find fresh-looking lettuce. Since I love to eat seasonally, I go for shredded Brussels sprouts. They’re a great cold-weather veggie, and, when shredded, make the perfect, crunchy salad. Add a few pomegranate seeds, and you have a winter salad to rival those summer ones.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Pomegranate Salad
Recipe Type: Side
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (5 cups)
- 1 ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Using a food processor or a madalin, shred the Brussels sprouts.
- Place them in a medium bowl, then top with the pomegranate seeds, cranberries, pecans, and avocado. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Enoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||220 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||22g (6g dietary fiber, 13g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.