- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium saucepan, boil 4 cups water. Cook the carrots until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the zucchini and onion until both become tender. Combine the carrots, spinach, zucchini, and onions in a blender with ⅓ cup water and blend until smooth.
- In another saucepan, heat the additional tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the saucepan with the garlic and add the basil, paprika, pepper, salt, oregano and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir in the carrot mixture and add the bay leaf. Allow the sauce to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (35 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||22g (6g dietary fiber, 12g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.