- 4 peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 pound asparagus, cut in thirds
- 6 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, tops removed and set aside
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar, reduced
- 1 pound of swiss cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss all of the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare a large baking pan with aluminum foil and spread the the vegetables evenly out (this may require two pans).
- Roast the vegetables for 60 minutes. Broil the last 3–5 minutes for an extra browning.
- 20 minutes before the vegetables are done, make the balsamic vinegar reduction. In a small pot on low, heat the vinegar until it is about ½ the original amount.
- Slice the rolls in half, place the bottoms in a baking sheet and set the tops aside.
- Spread some of the balsamic reduction over the bread bottoms.
- Top with the roasted veggie mixture and then evenly spread the sliced swiss cheese over it.
- Place the top of the bread over the cheese and veggies.
- Make the glaze by melting the butter in a small bowl and stirring in the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops with glaze and bake in the oven at 400°F for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||190 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||21g (4g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.