Roasted vegetables are one of my favorite things, and this salad is loaded with them! Roasting your veggies typically makes them sweeter and softer with a crispy exterior. The dressing in this salad adds a delicious basil and garlic flavor to perfectly complement the vegetables. This salad will make you full and keep you satisfied throughout the day!
Roasted Rainbow Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner/Side
Serving Size: 1 salad
makes 4 servings
16 cups mixed veggies*
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
12 cups spring mix salad
*Mixed veggie suggestions
¼ cup avocado oil (olive oil also works)
¼ cup red wine vinegar
8 cloves garlic
1 cup basil
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dice and chop up your mixed veggies. Try to make them similar sizes, so they bake at the same time.
- Place veggies in a large bowl, then toss with oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Spread the veggies out on 1–2 baking sheets in a single layer, then roast for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the dressing.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the salad, take 2 cups of spring mix salad, then top with 1⅓ cups roasted veggies.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- If meal prepping, store the vegetables and dressing in separate, airtight containers.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||310 (170 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||33g (9g dietary fiber, 14g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.