This couscous has a bold flavor, and the addition of the roasted cauliflower makes it even tastier. This is a quick and simple vegan salad that will keep you full and satisfied, but you can add feta or meat, if you want. I love roasting cauliflower—it will soak up any oil and seasonings that you toss with it and roasting brings out its natural sweetness.
Roasted Cauliflower with Herbed Couscous
Recipe Type: Lunch/dinner
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, divided into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1½ cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth for vegan
- 1 cup pearl couscous, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a baking mat or aluminum foil. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower, then sprinkle the cauliflower with spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the couscous.
- Place 1½ cups of water and the couscous in a medium-sized pot. Stir.
- Allow to simmer for 5–10 minutes, or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked couscous, then toss.
- Prior to serving, mix in the roasted cauliflower, then serve immediately.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||14g (6g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.