- 4 quarts water
- 1 large piloncillo cone (or 1 cup brown sugar + 2 teaspoons molasses)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1½ pounds guavas
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- ¾ cup prunes, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup packed tamarind pods, peeled
- 1 tablespoon rum extract (or more to taste)
- In a large stock pot, add all the ingredients.
- Cover, then simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve warm!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||140 (5 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||35g (4g dietary fiber, 19g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.