- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 4 bell peppers, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Fried egg
- Manchego cheese
- Layer the eggplant on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit out for ten minutes to remove excess moisture.
- While eggplants are laid out in a large pot over medium heat add olive oil and onions, sauté until onions are translucent (don’t let them turn brown).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the onions and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
- Enjoy warm or topped with manchego cheese or an egg.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||80 (25 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||12g (4g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.