- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Once creamed, add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Roll into small balls—about the size of a marble.
- Place on the cookie sheet about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom.
- While the cookies are baking, place the powdered sugar in a ziplock bag.
- Cool the cookies slightly, then place in the bag and shake until the cookies are well-coated in powdered sugar.
- Repeat steps 7–10 with the remaining cookie dough batter.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||35 (10 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||5g (0g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.