This is an easy granola recipe that can be used as a breakfast topping or for a quick snack on the go. I love using Nourish with my granola to bump up the protein and fiber. Plus, my little girl loves it, so it is a great way for me to add extra umph to her breakfast parfait.
Peanut Butter Protein Granola
Recipe Type: Snack
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup honey (agave for vegan)
- ¼ cup unsalted, crunchy peanut butter
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)*
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine honey and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in protein powder. Add the oats and stir until they’re thoroughly covered in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour onto the baking sheet and pat down so the oats are in a single layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. When removed, oats will still be soft. As the mixture dries, it will harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
*Nutrition facts vary depending on protein powder selected. Whey-based proteins also work well.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||170 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||24g (3g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.