When it comes to pizza, I love to get creative. There are so many flavors and combinations to enjoy on chewy crust and this is one of my favorites. I like to hold off on this pizza recipe until peach season, because fresh, super sweet peaches are the key ingredient! The peaches pair perfectly with fresh basil, sharp asiago, and salty prosciutto. To complete this perfect pizza, I like to drizzle it with honey and balsamic vinegar!
Peach and Prosciutto Pizza
Recipe Type: Italian
Serving Size: 2 slices
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup shredded, fresh asiago½ cup shredded, mozzarella
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic pizza
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- In a medium bowl, mix together yeast and warm water and let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add oil and flour to yeast and mix into a ball. Let rise in a warm room until doubled in size.
- Roll out and transfer to a pizza peel that has corn meal rubbed on it to prevent sticking.
- Poke crust with a fork all over to prevent bubbling.
- Top with cheeses, peaches, and prosciutto
- Bake in Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven at 500 degrees for 5-10.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with basil, slice into 8ths, and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||300 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||36g (4g dietary fiber, 16g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.