When I first made this dish, I had a family member walk in and ask, “What’s that amazing smell?” That’s always a good sign that I’m on the right track with a recipe! This soup is one of my favorites. It’s hearty, loaded with veggies, and a little spicy. It also makes great leftovers, so make a big batch this winter, then enjoy this comforting soup!
Recipe Type: Italian
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta (shape of choice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in a large soup pot.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper, tomatoes, and broth. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in beans, pasta, and extra water and cook until pasta is tender.
- Stir in zucchini and spinach and heat until spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot and top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||360 (180 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||30g (6g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.