In the summertime, when my garden is flooded with zucchini, I like to make zucchini everything...including muffins. Made with almond meal instead of wheat flour, these muffins are a sweet and delicious way to start your day. Load your freezer up with these nutritious bites for a quick, on-the-go snack.
Paleo Zucchini Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Makes 12 servings
- 1⅓ cups almond meal
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Grease a muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, banana, honey, and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir until barely incorporated. Pour into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||10g (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.