This sweet pork only takes four ingredients to create! It is an easy crockpot recipe that can be made while you go about your day. The salad has an amazing crunch and just the right amount spice with a hint of sweetness. I love it when salads are packed with lots of flavor. This recipe is a family favorite, and a great reminder that you don’t have to miss out on delicious recipes while you are following a paleo diet.
Paleo Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork Salad
6 hrs 5 min
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Serving Size: 1 Salad
Makes 1 serving
½ cup Leftover Paleo Sweet-and-spicy Pork
- 1 (3-pound) pork roast
- 1 (15-ounce) can rotel with green chilis
- 1 cup paleo-friendly salsa
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ avocado, peeled and deseeded
- Fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Creamy Ranch
- 2 cups romaine
- 2 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 10 buffalo plantain chips
- Place the pork roast and rotel in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked through, use two forks to shred it.
- Stir in the salsa and maple syrup.
- Place the avocado in a small bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice and the ranch dressing.
- To assemble the salad, top the romaine with a ½ cup pulled pork, drizzle with the avocado mixture, sprinkle with green onions, then add the buffalo chips.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||550 (360 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||31g (7g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.