I love carrot cake, and these paleo carrot cake muffins do not disappoint. When we tested this recipe, our girls went crazy for them, and ended up eating them all! That proves that you don’t need loads of sugar or dairy to make a delicious baked good. These muffins also taste great with a dollop of our Dairy-free Whipped Cream on top. If you want leftovers, just double the recipe!
Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients until they are moistened well.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into each liner, fill to the top, then smooth out. (These muffins will keep their shape.)
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack. If you’d like, you can frost with our DAIRY-FREE WHIPPED CREAM once they’ve cooled.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||170 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||12g (3g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.