I hate doing dishes, so I’m all about healthy, one-pot meals that my whole family will love, especially when I can sneak in lots of veggies. This one answers on all accounts.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1⅓ cups
- 1 (12 ounces) package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- In a large pot, combine the noodles, asparagus, broccoli, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, almond milk, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 8 minutes. Stir in the spinach, peas, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Per serving: 300 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 14g protein
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.