Looking for a new way to use your protein powder? As much as I love to drink Nourish, I like to bake with it even more. It is a great way to add not only protein, but also vitamins, minerals, fruits, and veggies to my baked products. We kept these biscuits vegan, but if you aren’t following a vegan diet, feel free to use regular strawberry yogurt and top it with a little butter. For those on the vegan diet, I like to eat these plain or with a little jam. Enjoy!
Nourish Vegan Strawberry Protein Biscuits
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 biscuit
Makes 8 servings
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup plant-based vanilla Nourish protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
5 ounces strawberry soy yogurt
½ cup applesauce
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¾ cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet. I like to use a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, Nourish, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together soy yogurt, applesauce, extracts, and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Form into 8 small biscuits using hands (you might want to flour your hands).
- Bake for 10–15 minutes until browned.
- Cool, then enjoy with your favorite toppings. I like jam on mine!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||110 (10 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||22g (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.