Waffles are a breakfast staple, and in this recipe, we really increased both the taste and their nutritional value! By adding Nourish protein powder to the batter, you’ll get your recommended 20 grams of protein at breakfast. Plus, it’s a great reason to indulge in chocolate first thing in the morning.
Nourish Double Chocolate Waffles
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 waffle
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops chocolate Nourish* protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended!)*
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the milk, eggs, and oil.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the waffle iron and pour ¼ cup of batter onto the waffle iron.
- Cook until firm but fluffy
*Nutrition analysis and results will vary, based on your individualized mix. The recipe was completed with a basic, whey formula, designed to replace a meal. Also completed without chocolate chips.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||300 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||36g (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.