This vegan curry gets a help in the protein department by adding Nourish protein powder. The strong curry flavors make it so you don’t even notice the nutritional boosts of the added protein. I love when I can make food more nutrient dense. I love serving it over basmati rice and with garlic naan bread.
Nourish Chickpea Butternut Squash Curry
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vanilla, plant-based Nourish protein powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add curry paste and cook for a minute longer. Add butternut squash, chickpeas, coconut milk, water, and salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until butternut squash is tender.
- Turn on the heat and stir in Nourish, peas, spinach, and cilantro.
- When spinach is cooked down, serve over rice or naan.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||200 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||26g (8g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.