One of the best feelings is creating a recipe with an ingredient that people typically dislike and then being told how much they loved it! One of the top comments I got from making these mushroom potstickers is, “I hate mushrooms, but I really enjoyed them in this!” Mushrooms are a great meat substitute in these potstickers, and they are filled with amazing flavor in every bite. Careful, though...these will disappear fast!
Recipe Type: Snacks/appetizer
Serving Size: 2 potstickers
Makes 12 servings
8 ounces mushrooms, diced
3 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
24 vegan potsticker wrappers
2–3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, ginger, garlic, salt, and hoisin sauce to a medium bowl and stir so the mushrooms are well-coated.
- Cover, then refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the potsticker wrappers on a clean surface. Place 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture in the center of the wrapper. Dampen the edge of the potsticker with water. Fold in half and pinch the edges until sealed. Set aside and continue with the remaining potstickers.
- In a large, nonstick pan add 2 teaspoons oil and heat on low. Add as many potstickers as you can without them touching.
- Cover with a lid, then cook for 2–3 minutes per side or until they are golden. Remove, then place on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining potstickers.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||80 (35 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||8g (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.