- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups butternut squash, cubed
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- Using a food processor or a blender, process the onion, garlic, honey, vinegar, ginger, tomato paste, turmeric, and garam masala until it forms a paste.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and cook thoroughly. Add the paste, broth and butternut squash.
- Bring to a low simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in the raisins and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve over rice or with naan bread.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||220 (40 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||24g (3g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.