This breakfast bowl is loaded with Mediterranean flavors—perfect for any morning. During our Mediterranean diet experiment, we had to make sure we were getting plenty of veggies in, and that included breakfast! This breakfast bowl is a great way to start out your day with plenty of vegetables.
Mediterranean Breakfast Bowl
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 1 serving
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 5 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 egg
- In a small pan, heat up the olive oil, then pan fry the sweet potato for about 5–10 minutes until brown and soft.
- Season with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble the bowl, top the arugula with sweet potatoes, artichoke hearts, feta, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and lemon thyme.
- Top everything with the egg, cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||430 (210 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||43g (10g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.