Don’t ever be afraid to try something new. With tofu, pork, and spices, this dish is incredibly flavorful and easy to create! In under 30 minutes, this dish will be on your table!
Recipe Type: Japanese
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 4 servings
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ pound ground pork (or ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized pot.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and ground pork.
- Cook until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, chile sauce, cornstarch, and chicken broth.
- Add to the ground pork and bring to a boil.
- Add tofu and stir gently for 3 minutes.
- Mix in green onions and sesame oil.
- Serve over rice.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||310 (150 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||9g (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.