- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 6 russet potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup milk
- 8 cups Kale, deveined
- Crushed red pepper (optional, but highly recommended).
- In a large pot, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat. Once the sausage is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and sausage. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the half and half, milk, and kale. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Dish out warm and top with crushed red pepper, if desired.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||180 (45 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||25g (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.